Delaware Innovation Space in collaboration with DuPont is seeking applications for the coveted DuPont FastPass. A DuPont FastPass gives a startup company support to accelerate their business forward with access to research space, scientific equipment, leveraged facilities, and business building capabilities of the Delaware Innovation Space with key insights and collaboration with DuPont.
Benefits of the DuPont FastPass – Total Value of up to $50,000*:
- Access to a DuPont liaison for up to one year** for non-confidential collaboration to support and mentor the selected start-up company
- Up to one year* of free access to the Delaware Innovation Space, located in Wilmington DE, in either the chemistry-material science incubator or the biotech incubator. Includes lab bench and/or lab pod (with access to a chemical fume hood and/or biohood) and desk/workstation with free access to leveraged capabilities including leveraged/loaned scientific and processing equipment, conference room and facilities, collaboration/snack center, business building programs, and expert networks
- $5,000 in credit to be used in support of operational services at the Delaware Innovation Space which would include operational supplies, and other on-demand services including access to all programs of the Delaware Innovation Space for up to one year** for up to three people
DEADLINE TO APPLY MARCH 31, 2019
Strong business concept and pitch in one of the following focus areas:
- Advanced and smart materials for healthcare and medical, advanced sensors, consumer electronics, wearable electronics, energy efficiency and emerging technologies (e.g., materials for transdermal adhesives, light-weighting, 5G wireless, automotive electrification, smart cities and additive manufacturing)
- 3D printing of conducting/semiconducting materials or durable and tough polymers
- High volume, low cost engineered proteins for human and animal health, personal care, electronic materials or sensorsSpecialty ingredients for food, nutrition and health (e.g., probiotics, prebiotics, starter cultures, food protectants, enzymes, texturants, sweeteners, plant proteins and pharma excipients)
- Strong and committed CEO and leadership team with an established legal entity and operational structure and plan for the startup company
Startup companies interested in pursuing the DuPont FastPass need to submit a non-confidential business pitch deck and all submissions are due by March 31st, 2019. Follow-up requests and evaluations will be conducted after submission and then a pitch competition for the finalists will be conducted at the Delaware Innovation Space at the Experimental Station in Wilmington, Delaware no later than May 2019. One FastPass winner will be selected and judges for the competition will be from DuPont and the Delaware Innovation Space.
* Amount based upon in-kind services and credit value. This is not a cash investment nor can award be redeemed for listed value.
** 6 months access to Delaware Innovation Space is guaranteed, extension from 6 months to 1 year of free access is dependent on successful completion of technical/business milestones defined by the Delaware Innovation Space.