- Developed in partnership with the State of Delaware, DuPont and the University of Delaware, the Delaware Innovation space is located on the Experimental Station campus.
- Made up of more than 100,000 square feet of state-of-the-art multi-use lab space; our facility is safe, secure and available 24/7.
- We are an entire environment—an innovation ecosystem—designed for and around science and technology.
- Where entrepreneurs in the industrial biotech, advanced materials, chemical ingredients, renewable energy, nutrition and healthcare fields can bring concepts to commercialization rapidly.
- And where the advancement of science will be felt not only across the region, but around the world.
Advancing Science Starts Here
To transform science and technology start-ups into industry leading companies by providing a world-class facility, local expertise, resources and university-research capabilities to seed business growth and job creation in the fields of industrial biotechnology, advanced materials, renewable energy, chemicals, nutrition and healthcare.
To transform science & technology start-ups into industry leading companies…
to seed future business growth and job creation…
To create a globally recognized haven that supports start-up businesses by advancing science, tackling the next generation of problems, and driving economic development and job growth in Delaware which, in turn, improves life for all of us.
The History of the DuPont Experimental Station
The 114-year-old DuPont Experimental Station sits on a 150-acre research park located on the banks of the Brandywine Creek in Wilmington, Delaware. It is the birthplace of some of the most world renowned, innovative materials and products developed by DuPont since 1903.
Today, the Experimental Station represents entrepreneurial vibrancy for the future – a scientific facility supported by business leadership that enables innovation. A place, steeped in history, where the advancement of science will continue to be felt across the region and around the world.
Cultivating New Businesses in Delaware
Our community has a rich history of new business creation starting with DuPont in 1802 including Hercules, W.L. Gore & Associates, Axalta, Invista, and most recently, Chemours.